Tuesday, November 27, 2012

jeanie's blog #1: He Told Me and I didn't Listen


He Told me and I didn't Listen:                     November 25, 2012

When Joey and I started our non-profit  (Crowns of Creation Ministries) in 2008 we were consumed with an overflowing of affirmations from God that we were to prepare ourselves,  (in Joey's words) "suit up and show up" wherever God calls us, and let the Holy Spirit take it from there.  We quickly found that whatever we think we are preparing for, is NEVER what we are actually there for and we leave our music ministry outings with stunned amazement.

Joey has reminded me many times over the years that he thinks I should blog about the ministry journey that God has us on.  I am well-intentioned, but kept placing it on the low end of my busy schedule priority list.  To be completely honest, I didn't think anyone would want to read my wordy thoughts.  I am the definition of a woman of many words!   But God has, more than once, grabbed my thoughts to prompt me in the writing direction but, I think - "no, I just must be mishearing you God - surely you don't mean it!"  Well, last night I was struggling to get to bed and thought, "okay God - you win - I need to write!"   It is amazing how relaxed I felt when I finally was obedient to that call.

So ....it only took me four-ish years to listen!  But today  I officially begin writing and pray for the words that will encourage people, will bless the reader, will maybe find a laugh or two along the way.  I have insecurities about placing my thoughts out for public consumption but I know God has me covered, even if I stumble.

I will simply call it Jeanie's blog!  Ha!  So profound!

Joey and I formed this ministry to be the hands and feet of Jesus.  These hands are typing for Him....

........love in Christ.....jeanie

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment